Exclusive music is a good strategy to increase subscriber numbers. Due to the music exclusives, Apple Music has already grabbed a big chunk of paying users. Apple Music offers various exclusive albums, such as Drake’s Views album, Britney Spears’s Glory, and Taylor Swift’s 1989, etc. Here we rounded up 5 of the most noteworthy Apple Music exclusives for your reference.
• Album: Views From the 6
• Release date: April 29, 2016
• Exclusive longevity: Drake’s latest album will be released as an Apple Music exclusive and will remain that way for one week until its rights are up. After seven days, the album will be released on other platforms.
• Album: Sept. 5
• Release date: April 1, 2016
• Exclusive longevity: You might not have heard of this Canadian R&B group, but it is actually signed to Drake’s label, and producer Nineteen85 is responsible for “Hotline Bling.” The group released its new album exclusively on Apple Music.
• Album: 1989
• Release date: Oct. 17, 2014
• Exclusive longevity: Let’s start by saying that, although Swift seems besties with Apple with all her new ads for the streaming service, she did not have an exclusive deal with the company when she launched 1989. Instead, she simply decided to release the album on Apple Music in June, after the company changed its artist payment policy.
• Album: EVOL
• Release date: Feb. 6, 2016
• Exclusive longevity: Future dropped the album exclusive to Apple Music, although fans could also purchase it through iTunes. The album went on to reach number one on the charts, even though it could not be bought or streamed anywhere else. Future’s single with Drake titled “What a Time to be Alive” was also an Apple Music exclusive that did extremely well.
• Single: “Freedom”
• Release date: June 30, 2015
• Exclusive longevity: Pharrell signed a deal with Apple back before Apple Music launched, which means his then-new single “Freedom” was released exclusively on the platform. Pharrell has not released a new album, but we bet if he does, it will be on Apple Music first.
Sometimes, you may wonder to keep your idol’s exclusively albums from Apple Music to your computer forever even after subscription ends. But it’s a pity that Apple Music are encrypted by DRM copyright protection, which prevents you from copying and sharing. So, you will lose the downloaded exclusives after canceling the subscription. But there are still some method to help you keep the Apple Music exclusives forever. To do that, you only need to get help from Apple Music Converter, which allows you to remove the DRM from Apple Music songs and convert them to MP3, FLAC, M4A, MKA, etc.