“Can I watch a rented movie without internet when I’m on a flight?” Many of iTunes users might come cross the same problem. We all know renting movies from iTunes Store is much cheaper than purchase them. So people would prefer to rent the movie from iTunes store instead of purchasing. To watch iTunes rented movies when you’re on a flight, you just need to download the entire iTunes movie before you go offline. And then press “Play” button to start watching within 24 hours if internet connection is not available. But there still some things you need to keep in mind.
What Devices Can You Watch Rented Movies On?
- iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS 3.1.3 or higher
- Apple TV
- Mac or PC
- iPod Classic
- iPod nano (3rd-5th generations)
And, you have two ways to rent movies through iTunes store, one is with computer (either Mac or PC) with iTunes, the other one is with iOS device (An iPhone, iPad, iPod touch). If you rented the movie via computer, you can sync the rented movie to your iOS devices. When you move a rented iTunes movie from your computer to iOS devices, it will disappear from your computer’s iTunes library. Now let’s see how to rent movies on iTunes for Airplane.
How to Rent Movies on iTunes for Airplane
Step 1. Open iTunes and find and click iTunes Store on the right of the middle toolbar.
Step 2. Click the Movies icon in the middle of the left toolbar to show the interface of the Movies.
Step 3. Choose the movie you want to rent and click Rent button in the left column on the new interface.
Step 4. Input your Apple ID and password as Verification Required. And then click “OK”. If this is the first time you purchase or rent an item, you will be requested to answer security questions in order to verify your identity.
Step 5. Then it will start download the rented movie to your computer.
How to Watch Rented iTunes Movies on Airplane
When the downloading process finished, you can transfer the movie to mobile devices for playing
1) Watch Rented Movies on Win/Mac
Go to the Rentals tab in the Movies section of the iTunes Library. And click on the “Play” button.
2) Watch Rented Movies on iPhone, iPad, iPod
Step 1. Connect the mobile device to computer and select it in the iTunes by clicking File > Device on the upper left. The sync window will load.
Step 2. Click My Movies at the top of the sync window to show all movies you rented and purchased. Check the rental movie you want to transfer.
Step 3. Click “Sync” button to transfer the rental to your Apple device.
Step 4. When you get ready, go to the Rental tab of the Videos app and click it to play.
You have 30 days to start watching a rental from the exact day and time you rent it. If you don’t start watching a movie within 30 days, you must rent it again. Once you start watching, you have to finish watching it within 24 hours. If you want to remove this restriction, you can take a try with the following software to help you remove the DRM from iTunes rentals. And, after removing the DRM, you are able to transfer the rented movies to Android phone and tablet for watching.
iTunes M4V Converter for Mac
- Remove DRM from iTunes M4V movies, TV shows, episodes and music videos.
- Convert iTunes M4V video to DRM-free MP4 with zero quality loss.
- Retain all AC3 Dolby 5.1 Audio, AD, audio tracks, subtitles and closed captions.
- Break the 24 or 48 hours watching period on iTunes rental movies.
- Completely compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra and iTunes 12.5.
- Remove DRM protection from M4V, WMV, ASF, etc. video files.
- Bypass DRM encryption from audio files purchased from iTunes, Audible, Zune, Napster, etc.
- Convert both DRM-locked and DRM-free video/audio files to all popular video/audio formats.
- Convert videos optimized for portable media players, like iOS/Android devices, PSP, PS3, Zune, Xbox 360, etc.
- Support multi-threading process and batch conversion.
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP.