Streaming platforms are now firmly embedded into our way of life, granting us access to millions of songs, albums and live performances, regardless of whether you’re a die-hard Spotify fan, or recent Apple Music convert.
However, given that Spotify has been around since 2008, it’s likely you’ve got a whole host of playlists you’d like to have access to on other platforms, like Apple Music, Deezer or Google Play.
Without painstakingly copying your lists song by song, here are some far easier ways.
Method 1: SongShift Easily Moves your Spotify Playlists to Apple Music
SongShift is a neat app that helps bridge the gap between Spotify’s playlists and Apple Music’s integrated library. Here are the details of SongShift:
Works on: iOS
Price: Free for limited use, $4.99 for Pro
Imports from: Deezer, Spotify, Apple Music
Exports to: Deezer, Spotify, Apple Music
Easy Steps to import Spotify playlist to Apple Music:
- Download SongShift on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open SongShift and select Begin New Shift.
- Select the service you’d like to move the playlist from, and its destination platform. SongShift currently only supports Apple Music, Spotify and Deezer.
- Select whether you’d prefer to add the tracks to a current playlist, or a new one entirely.
- Your playlists will now have moved.
Method 2: Import Spotify Songs into Apple Music with STAMP
If SongShift doesn’t sound like an attractive option for you, then STAMP may be a better option.
- Works on:Windows, Mac, iOS
- Price:Free for limited use, $9.99 for unlimited Premium
- Imports from:Spotify, Rdio, Apple Music, Google Play Music, Deezer, YouTube, CSV files
- Exports to:Apple Music, Google Play Music, Spotify, CSV files
The free version of the app allows you to sync either a single playlist or 10 songs per session – while you can continue imports when restarting the app, it can become pretty time consuming. The premium app offers unlimited songs and playlists. Here’s how to transfer your songs and playlists from Spotify to Apple Music using STAMP:
Step #1. Before you begin, export your Spotify playlists as .csv filed using Exportify
Step #2. Click on Get Started.
Step #3. Log in or Sign up for Spotify to export your playlists as .csv files.
Step #4. Now, open STAMP website and download app.
Step #5. Open STAMP app.
Step #6. Select the .csv playlist file you have exported.
Just monitor the procedure as STAMP will automatically create playlists. While this procedure is on, do not leave iTunes as it will cancel the process. STAMP will add your songs to My Music in your Apple Music; if you want to create your playlist, tap on Recently Added in My Music under Playlists, select songs which you have imported, tap on Ellipsis (three horizontal dots) and tap on Add to a Playlist.